Friday, June 25, 2010

Month 1: Braces Installed

First day of wearing braces: May 22, 2010

Not as painful as I thought it would be maybe because I'm wearing Damon braces instead of traditional braces. Damon braces is said to be less painful and gives faster result. Can still eat and drink as usual but it's a bit weird having some metal in my mouth. Also, I started to feel a bit self-conscious about how i look like with the braces on.


Doctor only put braces on my upper teeth at the minute.

In my case, the tight sensation and movement of the teeth can only be felt at night and second day. I could'nt chew on hard food during the first week. Second week was better than first week but I was still careful cuz it hurt a bit when I tried to chew on harder food maybe because the teeth were a bit lose. Third and Fourth week I could eat anything I wanted like fried anchovies and stuff. I do realised that I eat slower than before I got braces. If it took me 5 - 10 minutes to finish a meal, now it takes me like 15 - 20 minutes to finish a meal.. and it's tiring!

0 comments:

Post a Comment